Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Monday, August 19, 2013

Pittsburgh Yarn Bombing

In case you haven't realized, Pittsburghers, but the Warhol Bridge has some new colors added to it. Mid-August, the bridge became yarn-bombed. Crazy people of Pittsburgh. It looks like a lot of work went into it and looks really cool. When they take it all down, the blankets are going to be donated, so that's awesome. I'm just now getting to see it, so I'll post some of my own photos for anyone who couldn't go out to see the color overload.

You can read more about the project here.

Enjoy!



(All 3 sister bridges in a row)

 (What you see as you walk up to it)




(The girls loved touching the blankets)





The next few pictures are some of our favorite ones.

(Close-up of some of the details)


 (This one was super soft, like a baby blanket)






I thought it was nice that each one is individually numbered. So if you knew the number of one, you could find it easily.





 (Looking down at the line of them on one side)


2 comments:

  1. I have a panel on there somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should've told me! We would've looked for it!

      Delete