Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Monday, September 23, 2013

Soup

We eat out quite a bit, mostly on the weekends, but this weekend, we went out for a few different things.

Saturday, Brian and I went to see "The Wizard of Oz" in IMAX 3D.

Oh... My... Gawd.

It was amazing.

Anyone who knows me knows what a fan or Oz I am. Anyone who really knows me also knows I hate movie theaters and haven't been to one since Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in 2009. So this was a big deal for me.

If it's playing near you, go (you only have five more days) . It's worth the price tag and the annoying other viewers.

But this post is about soup. I'm not the biggest soup fan, but I really like creamy ones lately. And I found 2 new (to me) favorites.

After going to see the Wizard, we walked over to Bravo. We had never been there before, but since it was a special day and all, we figured why not. As it had been raining all day, soup is what we needed. And soup is what we got.   (Below is taken from their site.. it's their menu description.)

Lobster Bisque

A rich, hearty cream soup finished with a touch of sherry and garnished with diced, poached shrimp 5.59

I could eat it every day.

At least that was until I went to Panera Bread with a friend on Sunday.

When was the Autumn Squash Soup added to the menu? And why didn't anyone tell me about this?

All pictures and descriptions also taken from their site:

Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup
A blend of butternut squash and pumpkin, simmered in vegetable broth with honey, apple juice, cinnamon and a hint of curry, then finished with sweet cream and topped with roasted and salted pumpkin seeds.

Mine looked pretty close to that, just a tad bit messier, and I didn't see the seeds. They could've sunk by the time I got it, though. I paired mine with the Roasted Turkey Harvest Wheatberry Salad (minus the field greens and dressing on the side) and I'm pretty sure it was the best Autumn meal out.

Roasted Turkey Harvest Wheatberry Salad
All-natural, antibiotic-free roasted turkey, field greens, romaine lettuce, our wheatberry and pistachio blend and Gorgonzola cheese, tossed in our maple balsamic vinaigrette.


Those little wheatberries were scrumptious. But, unfortunately, it was out-shined by the soup. I think the soup had a little element of surprize that the salad just didn't. But together, it was a meal fit for Fall.
So, that's what I did. I watched a movie, shopped, and ate awesome food. I think the weekend was pretty darn good.

Update: I found 2 links on how to make a copycat version of the Panera Vegetarian Autumn soup. Click here to read about it and to get the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment