Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fruit Flies

This is disgusting. Warning... this is disgusting. I promise... it's gross.

Ok, so is there enough warning for you now? You can't say I didn't.

Anyone else battling this fruit fly epidemic? I know we're not alone. It was mentioned as KLG's favorite thing last Monday.

A friend of hers said to get a bowl and put bananas in it, then cover tightly with saran wrap poked with small holes. I've done similar before. Usually with apple cider vinegar, though. That works, but I've had this bowl setup for some time now and they're not going anywhere....
So, I thought I'd give this a try.



I wasn't wasting my bananas; however, my kids are perfectly fine eating half an apple at a time before needing to start a new one. Usually I just slice the half eaten apples to throw into smoothies, but I thought this was a perfect time to try this out.


I warned you. This is disgusting. I swear we didn't have this many before making this trap.


I'm pretty positive that they're mating in there and the babies are able to escape from the tiny holes. Hopefully they'll get back in there. But those are all in the bowl trying to get out.

It definitely caught them, but either they were really good at hiding before, or they're multiplying.

Sigh...

Any other suggestions? I need to keep them from mating, too. Maybe next bowl will include some dish soap. I heard that helps, too. Please tell me we're not alone. As far as I'm concerned, these are just less smelly, smaller stink bugs. Which have also decided to show their ugly faces. This is the worst part of having fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment