Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursdays: Sisters

I don't have a sister. In fact, I'm an only child. I tend to attach to my friends strongly once the guards go down to fill that void. I've gotten better of the years, but when friends go, it's still hard on me.

As a child, I connected deeply with another only child in my class. We have a very wide variety of interest between the 2 of us. Always have. We've parted ways, reunited, and continued this cycle many times throughout our lives.


She's my sister.

I have a few other friends like this. You know the ones. The ones that you can go years without talking, and then one day you drive by something, think of them, then smile. And it's almost like they know you were thinking about them, too. Someone contacts the other and an hour goes by. Nothing and everything has changed. It's as if only a day has passed.


I'm so thankful for my sisters.


I'm even more thankful that my girls have someone to call a sister.


If my experience with my sisters are this strong, I can only imagine the bond that's forming between Pumpkin and Snowflake now. And I'm so thankful for that.



They always want to do what the other's doing. Always helping each other. Asking and giving hugs (even when the other doesn't want it then). It's wonderful to watch. You can see it started early with them, and I can't wait to continue watching these two be sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment