Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Roasted Tomato and Feta Shrimp

So guess who's sick again? Yup... this girl.. and the little girls, too. Why doesn't Brian ever get sick? This one's a fun one, I think he's actually having a sore throat right now.

So this week, instead of figuring out something crafty and what-not, I'm gonna rest my brain a little and basically just post recipes for you guys. Remember, nothing I ever do is hard or expensive. So if I can do it, you can do it.

Tonight's dinner is once again brought to you by eMeals, where all the ingredients can be purchased at Aldis.

Roasted Tomato and Feta Shrimp with Garlic Couscous and Croissants


Doesn't that just sound amazing? You know you want to try this one!

Prep: 30 min    Cook: 30 min    Total: 1 hour...

It did NOT take me this long. I had pre-cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp.. I think it took me about 40 minutes total.

Main Dish Ingredients:
2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I didn't use this)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 oz crumbled feta cheese

Main Dish Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (fahrenheit)
2. Thaw shrimp under running cold water.
3. Place shrimp in between layers of paper towels to drain and pat dry.
4. Place tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a 13x9 inch baking dish, tossing gently to coat.
5. Bake 15 minutes.
6. Stir in shrimp; bake 10 to 15 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink.
7. toss with parsley and lemon juice.
8. Spoon feta over individual servings, if desired.

That's the eMeal directions. I threw the shrimp into a colander in the sink and let water run over it while I diced up the tomatoes and did all that stuff. Then I dried the shrimp off once the tomato stuff was in the oven. I like my veggies more roasted, so since I knew that my shrimp was pre-cooked and didn't need to be in as long, I cooked the tomatoes longer.

I also didn't measure out the lemon juice. I just rolled the lemon on the counter, cut in half, and held it cut side up and squeezed out all the juice right over the finished mixture. Did this for both halves. You roll it to get the juices loose, and hold it cut side up so the seeds don't fall out.

Side Dish Ingredients:
10 oz box garlic couscous
1 package mini croissants

Side Dish Instructions:
1. Prepare couscous per package directions (this takes a total of 10 minutes and you can make it in the microwave).
2. Serve with croissants.

I'm not kidding, those are the directions for the sides. Told you this was an easy dish. Makes a lot, too. Pumpkin liked everything except the shrimp. She even liked the feta and the tomatoes. Snowflake's a bit sicker than Pumpkin and is on a more BRAT+Cheese diet these days, but still ate her croissant and couscous. They had grapes with theirs, too. I thought it fit with the feta.

So that's that. We loved it, and it was really a quick meal if you multitask. We ate ours piled up and mixed together. If you plan to eat it that way, maybe double up on the couscous. The shrimp and tomato mixture was also good stuffed into the croissants like a sandwich.

This post is not paid for or asked to be written by or any of that other stuff by eMeals. We paid for it ourselves and genuinely like the meals we're making with it.

However, if you would like to try it for yourselves, please click the following link so I can get credit for referring you.

EMEALS EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

No comments:

Post a Comment