What a scam. Seriously.
I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, or just didn't get a fresh enough piece, or what.. but it doesn't work.
At least not for us.
I mentioned before about all of us battling head colds and sinus issues. It's school time afterall. And since there's very few medicines out there for the girls to help them fight this, I thought I'd give the eucalyptus in the shower trick a try. I figured it's cheap and pretty, so why not?
Why not? Because it doesn't work!
I put it on the opposite end of the shower like some sites suggested to get it from growing mold and getting mildewy... nothing.
So then I put it directly under the shower head hoping it'll be stronger... nothing. Well, a little if you put your face right up to it while rinsing the soap off.
The lady at the flower shop even said that 1 stem should be enough because "it's very potent". I have a good sniffer, but this isn't potent. Not even a little bit. Not even at all (bonus point if you name that movie).
So let's call this natural remedy busted. Maybe it'll work if the water's super hot and running for a long time, but that's not practical for the us and the girls. It'll stay in the shower until the leaves start to fall (apparently this is toxic to cats) or until it's moldy and mildewy. At least the whole thing only cost me $2.
Any other suggestions besides the OTC stuff and garlic? Poor Snowflake's under that magical 2 years old mark to take anything.