Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Vegetable Tortellini Soup


This recipe was also mentioned in my first eMeals post. All these good foods, you'd think I would've made something good for tonight's dinner. Nope, sorry. I made chicken and mushroom soup rice. That took an hour and a half. And I'm not even sure it was cooked all the way. The texture was a bit off. So since I didn't even eat that, I felt like I should post a meal that is actually good. With this cooler fall weather settling in, everyone needs a good soup recipe, or two.

Vegetable Tortellini Soup


Prep: 15 minutes    Cook: 40 minutes   Total: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Cups chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 (14.5 oz) cans beef broth
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup salsa
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
2 zucchini/squash, diced
2 (9 oz) package cheese-filled tortellini
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook onion and garlic until tender in a large stockpot. Add broth, tomatoes, salsa and basil; bring to boil.
Reduce heat and cook 10 minutes.
Stir in zucchini and tortellini.
Cook for approximately 9 more minutes, until tortellini is tender.
Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.


This made a LOT. See how full it was in that pot? And that's a HUGE pot! We're big eaters around here, and after eating it for 2 days, there was still a lot to freeze.


I <3 eMeals

No comments:

Post a Comment