Don't forget to Pin It!

facebook

Monday, October 14, 2013

Rubber Ducky, You're The One

Yes, I'm talking about "The Rubber Duck Project".


What?? You say you never heard of it? Well, it's all the rage here in the 'burgh.

It's been all over the world. Amsterdam, Belgium, Osaka, Sydney, Sao Paulo, and Hong Kong. And it's visiting the U.S.  here in my backyard.


I believe this is the last week for it, and I have mixed feeling about all this duck business.


We apparently have a lot of duck lovers in the city, but I just don't see what it's all quacked up to be. And yet, I was intrigued. I wanted to see it. Everyone loved it. People were visiting it multiple times. There had to be a reason.


Besides the fact that we were the lucky city to kick off the U.S. part of the tour, I have 2 little girls. This would be a memory for all of us, and a story to tell the grandkids. We had to go. I had to find out.

It's a duck. A giant rubber ducky (I'm not even sure it's made out of rubber) floating on the river. With other real life ducks and geese swimming around it. I think that was the best part. Seeing the comparison.


It may or may not be art. That's for each person to decide on their own. But it did what it came here to do. It brought smiles on faces, kids squealed with joy, adults fought over a good spot to take pictures of said kids....  Whatcha gonna do? Adults will be adults. No matter how much reminiscence a giant duck will give you of your childhood.


So check it out if you get a chance before it leaves us. I can't find if it's visiting any other cities. It seems to like Taiwan a lot though. Just beware of the people! People will do anything to get a picture with this thing!




 It at least made the girls happy. That's what counts.

(The best I got for a family picture.. I have no idea what I was doing.)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love it... and was wondering if it had a story. Nope. Just a duck. But, who cares? He's awesome!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. it's just a giant duck. There's a minor tiny story.. but I think it was partially made up to give the artist some "cred" versus just wanting to make a giant duck.

      Delete